Increase glucose –> increase insulin –> increase body fat –> insulin resistant –> inflammation increase –> increased free radicals –> accelerate heart disease.
Diabetic consistently shown earlier heart attack by four years and some studies shown shorter life span by ten years.
Effect of glucose and even surge/spike consistent stream of published data:
- 2012 headline: one drink 336gm (1 can) sweetened beverage a day, heart attack increase 20%.
- 3.5mmol/L increase glucose after meal; heart attack increase 200%.
- If glucose rises too much and stay elevated too long – tremendous tissue damage is inflicted.
- Non-diabetic; fasting glucose > 4.7mmol/L: cardiovascular death 40% higher.
- Honolulu Heart Program – 50gm glucose load, 1 hour after: 8.7 – 10.5 mmol/L compare to <6.3 mmol/L, fatal coronary artery disease: Double.
- Whitehall study of British male civil servants – blood glucose > 5.3 , two hours after meal associate with two fold increase mortality from coronary artery disease.
- Oslo study, risk of fatal stroke in diabetic increase 13% for each 1 mmol/L increase after meal.
- Study in 2012, 69% increase heart attack risk if 1 mmol/L.
- Impede after meal glucose spikes, heart attack rate drop astounding 91%.
- Higher glucose level sharply increase vascular disease rates.
- Modest increase glucose post-prandial(after meal) : Increase heart attack by 69%.
- Non-diabetic : high normal glucose after meal à shorter life-span.
BEFORE MEAL 4.4, MAXIMUM 5.5 mmol/L.
AFTER MEAL 6.7mmo/L ; 2 HOURS AFTER MEAL, MAXIMUM; 7.2 mmol/L.
CONTROL SUGAR – INCREASE COGNITIVE AND MEMORY, BETTER BLOOD PRESSURE CONTROL, INCREASE FAT LOSS, INCREASE MENTAL AND PHYSICAL ENERGY, EVEN REVERSAL OF TYPE II DIABETES.
To achieve health benefits a/w low glucose-insulin, one must reduce after meal glucose-surge and suppress glucose synthesis by the liver(gluconeogenesis).
Meticulous guard against glucose surge and low calorie, the rewards : reduction in almost every disease risk and probably reverse aging. How to avoid glucose spike? It can be achieved by taking chlorogenic acid and transglucosidase beside commonly use metformin.
Gene expression to promote youthful cellular function improved with calorie restriction.
As we age, diet restriction not always leads to optimal glucose because of gluconeogenesis.