CALL US
018 788 6817
Send us a Message
iemcjbm@gmail.com
Opening Hours
Everyday: 9AM - 5PM

Why Himalayan Salt is one of the best for Health

Salts are not the same.  Himalayan salt is a salt unlike any others, for flavor, purity, and nutritional value. What else makes Himalayan salt so unique as a healthy salt alternative?

What’s the Difference between Table Salt, Sea Salt and Himalayan Salt?

Sometimes people assume that sea salt is the same thing as Himalayan salt. While they both are table salt alternatives, there’s a big difference between the two.

Although Himalayan salt may have started out as a sea salt, its similarity to sea salt ends there. While Himalayan salt comes from ancient sea salt beds found at high elevations, sea salt is produced through the evaporation of water from either the ocean or from saltwater lakes.

Sea salt typically is less processed than table salt, but increasingly, that’s changing. A major concern of mine about sea salt is its source. Many of our waters, including our oceans, are polluted with harmful poisons like mercury, dioxin, PCBs, and plastic particles. That doesn’t even include the toxic petrochemicals that remain in the water after oil spills. Our oceans and saltwater lakes today aren’t the pristine bodies of water they may have been in the distant past. When sea salt is evaporated or dried, the pollutants can become more concentrated and present an even greater potential threat to health. Unless the salt is refined and purified to remove the remains of pollutants, you’re likely to end up with a chemical-tainted product.

Himalayan Salt’s Uniqueness Is in Its Origin

Himalayan salt is an ancient sea salt from the Himalayan mountain range that extends through China, Nepal, Pakistan, India, Afghanistan, Bhutan, and Myanmar. This unique salt started out in lava-covered, crystallized sea salt beds over 200 million years ago.

Having spent many thousands of years “maturing” under extreme tectonic pressure, Himalayan salt has a perfect crystalline structure. Because it isn’t processed, its unique structure remains intact and in a harmonious state with its inherent mineral elements. Your body readily absorbs this type of nutrient-packed salt and can benefit from its potential benefits.

My Himalayan salt is hand-mined, washed by hand, and minimally processed. This is important from a bio-energetic perspective. Some believe Himalayan salt’s unique crystalline and cellular structure allow the salt crystals to store vibrational energy. If it isn’t hand-mined, and instead mined by harsh commercial mining methods, this bio-energy can be destroyed.

Covered by snow and ice for millions of years and produced in an area far from environmental pollutants, Himalayan salt doesn’t contain impurities like sea salt can. It contains 84 trace minerals and elements from our prehistoric seas, the same 84 minerals and elements that can be found in your body. Essential for the health of your bones, heart, cells, and tissues, these minerals exist in a colloidal form that makes it easier for your cells to assimilate.

Healthy Salt Alternatives for Healing and Well-Being: Dispelling the Myths

You may have heard over the years that salt isn’t healthy and that you should watch how much you consume. So why is Himalayan salt different and why is it considered a healthy salt alternative?

Unlike table salt, Himalayan salt isn’t stripped of its healthy minerals, nor is it bleached or treated with chemicals. Chemically “cleaned” table salt is 97.5 percent sodium chloride and 2.5 percent chemicals such as flow agents, moisture absorbents, and iodine. Himalayan salt is only 84 percent sodium chloride with the remaining 16 percent consisting of important trace minerals that help the body process and utilize the sodium chloride.

When intake of sodium chloride becomes excessive, as what happens when you use refined table salt and eat processed food (that are laden with sodium chloride), your body tries to isolate it to neutralize and remove it. To accomplish this, water is drawn from your cells to surround and break up the sodium chloride into its separate ions.

For every gram of sodium chloride that your body cannot process, your body uses 23 times the amount of cell water to neutralize the salt. The resulting fluid imbalance in your cells is exactly why medical experts frown on excessive salt intake!

In contrast, Himalayan salt can be an asset to your health. Himalayan salt is, in my opinion, the tastiest and healthiest salt alternative you can find for eating and cooking.