Listed are publications on or related to ECP.
You may browse the detail from the list:
1. David Brown of the Washington Post “Shaking Up Heart Therapy”. Los Angeles Times, July 30, 2001.
2. Shari Rudavsky “Gentle care for hearts: Out-patient therapy offers painless alternative to surgery for angina patients.” The Miami Herald, Living Today, March 21, 2002.
3. Warren Strugatch, “Struggling to Get Doctors’ Attention.” New York Times, Long Island Weekly Desk; December 15, 2002, Sunday , New York Times.
4. Lawson WE, Hui JCK, Oster ZH, et al. Enhanced external counterpulsation as an adjunct to revascularization in unstable angina. Clinical Cardiology 1997, 178-180.
5. Medicare Part B Manual-Florida, Medical Policy Procedures (4-PCRB2000-077) Feb/March 2000 Bulletin, 2/27/2000, “External Counterpulsation.”
6. Wu G. A neurohormonal mechanism for the effectiveness of enhanced external counterpulsation. Circulation 100:18; Suppl. 1 Abstract 4388.
7. Urano H. Intermittent shear stimuli by enhanced external counterpulsation (ECP) restores endothelial function in patients with coronary artery diseases. Circulation 102:18 Suppl. II Oct. 2000.
8. Kantrowitz A. Experimental augmentation of coronary flow by retardation of arterial pulse pressure. Surgery. 1953; 34:678-687.
9. Personal Communications, Vasomedical, Inc. and Cardiomedics, Inc., 2002-2003.
10. Aurora, R, et al. The multicenter study of Enhanced External Counterpulsation (MUST-ECP): Effect of ECP on exercise-induced myocardial ischemia and anginal episodes. Circulation Abstracts 10/97 and Journal of the American College of Cardiology 1999;33:1833-40.
11. Weisfogel et al., External Counterpulsation produces a significant reduction in stable angina class, episodes, medication use, and hospitalization. Cardiovascular Reviews and Reports 3, 2002.
12. Taguchi, I, et al. Comparison of hemodynamic effects of Enhanced External Counterpulsation and Intra-Aortic balloon pumping in patients with acute myocardial infarction. The American Journal of Cardiology 2000;86:1139-41.
13. Katz, WE et al. Effects of Enhanced External Counterpulsation on internal mammary artery flow: comparison with intra-Aortic Balloon Counterpulsation. Oral Presentation 825-1, American Heath Association Meeting, 1998.
14. Amsterdam E, Banas J, et.al. Clinical assessment of external pressure circulatory assistance in acute myocardial infarction, JACC 1979.
15. Zheng ZS, Pan JY Wu SX. The improvement or myocardial ischemia after Intra Aortic balloon pumping. J New Med (Chinese)1977;6:269-271.
16. Karim S et al. Enhanced External Counterpulsation protects coronary artery disease patients from future cardiac events. 1st International Congress on heart disease – new trends in research, diagnosis and treatment. The Journal of Heart Disease 1:1 May 1999.
17. DeMaria AN. A historical overview of Enhanced External Counterpulsation. Clin.Cardiol.Suppl.II, Vol 25, II3-II5, 2002.
18. Zarins CK, Zatina MA, et. al. Shear stress regulation of artery lumen diameter in experimental atherogenesis. J Vascular Surgery 1987;5:413-420.
19. Fricchione GL, et al. Psychosocial effects of Enhanced External Counterpulsation in the angina patient. Psychosomatics 1995;36:494-97.
20. Urano, H. Enhanced External Counterpulsation improves exercise tolerance, reduces exercise-induced myocardial ischemia and improves left ventricular diastolic filling in patients with coronary artery disease. J Am Coll Cardiol 2001;37:93-9.
21. Florida Medicare Participating Fee Schedule, Locality Report for service G0166, Medicare Part B Bulletin, Page 2, Published by First Coast Service Options, 2002.
22. Lawson WE, Hui JCK, Zheng ZS, et al. Three-year sustained benefit from Enhanced External Counterpulsation in chronic angina pectoris. American Journal of Cardiology 1995; 75:840-841.
23. International ECP Patient registry, University of Pittsburgh Graduate School of Public Health, http://www.edc.gsph.pitt.edu/iepr/.
24. Lawson et al. Quality of Life Benefits in the International ECP Registry Study. 20th Congress of the European Society of Cardiology Abstract P505 September 1998 Vienna, Austria.
25. Vasomedical, Inc., “ECP Bibliography” with approximately 200 citations to the medical literature.
26. Feldman AM, Enhanced External Counterpulsation: Mechanism of Action. – Clin.Cardiol.Suppl.II, Vol 25, II13-15 2002.
27. Roberts JC, Literature Review,Center of NW Ohio, ECP Center of NW Ohio at Comprehensive Heart Care 4407 W. Sylvania Ave., Suite 200 Toledo, Ohio 43623 (419) 882-9625 http://www.heartfixer.com/literature_review.htm , with permission.
28. Strobeck, JE. Enhanced External Counterpulsation is a Safe and Effective Treatment for Angina in Patients with Severe Left Ventricular Dysfunction. Journal of Cardiac Failure 5:3 Suppl. 1 Abstract 268 1999.
29. Textbook of Primary Care Medicine, 3rd ed., Copyright 2001 Mosby, Inc. p. 584.
30. Silver, MA, Success with Heart Failure: Help and Hope for Those with Congestive Heart Failure. Perseus Publishing; 3rd edition, October 16, 2002.
31. Conti CR, Ed., ECP Current Experience and Future Directions, Clinical Cardiology, 12/2002, Volume 25, Suppl II, pII-1-26, ff.
32. Conti CR, Ongoing and Planned Studies of Enhanced External Counterpulsation. Clin.Cardiol.Suppl II 26-28, 2002.
33. Ho Jian Wu, Probe to the Indications , contradictions, course and therapeutic effect of ECP treatment. Chinese External Counterpulsation Journal5:1-9, 1993, Translated by Huang Z, Los Angeles, Aug 1995.
34. Werner et al. Blood Pressure Changes During External Counterpulsation. 20th Congress of the European Society of Cardiology Abstract 3659 September 1998 Vienna, Austria.
35. Offergeld, C, Werner, D, et al. Pneumatic External Counterpulsation (PECP): A New Treatment Option for Therapy-Resistant Inner Ear Disorders? Laryngo-Rhino-Otologie Abstract L-R-O 9.
36. Froschermaier S, Enhanced External Counterpulsation as a New Treatment Modality for Patients with Erectile Dysfunction. Urologia Internationalis 1998;61:168-171.
37. Werner, D. Pneumatic External Counterpulsation: A New Noninvasive Method to Improve Organ Perfusion. The American Journal of Cardiology 1999;84:950-52.
38. Werner et al. Improvement of Renal Perfusion and Function by Pneumatic External Counterpulsation. D. 20th Congress of the European Society of Cardiology Abstract P3660 September ’98 Vienna, Austria.
39. Xiao-Xian Quan et al. Effect of Enhance External Counterpulsation on Lipid Peroxidation in Coronary Disease. 1st International Congress on Heart Disease – New Trends in Research, Diagnosis, and Treatment. The Journal of Heart Disease 1:1 May 1999.
40. Juetersonke, George J., D.O., Passing on Bypass, Pikes Peak Press, 2000.