Who benefits from ECP Treatment?
Nearly everyone with coronary artery disease, angina, or congestive heart failure can benefit from ECP. It is particularly well-suited to people who:
- Have already had angioplasty, stents, or bypass surgery, but their heart disease symptoms have returned or persisted.
- Are not candidates for surgery due to other medical conditions
- Do not want to undergo surgery for whatever reasons
- Are diabetic renders more complications with surgery
- Have small vessels to be used at the calf (often women)
- Rely on medications or curtail their activities to avoid angina and other heart disease symptoms
- Who are waiting for angioplasty, stents or by-pass surgery and may be you don’t need the procedure thereafter.